From:
Postmaster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 09:16:29 -0400
Ok, so I would use the same boards I use for the PII machines, I thought
there were special boards for the Celeron the hand onboard cache. What is
the deal with the EX chipset what is that for? I think I will start building
the low end systems that people want to upgrade later with the Celeron 300
because it is down to about $127 and that is the same price as the
P5-233MMX of course there is the added price of the motherboard, but if the
customer is that worried about price then I will just get them an AMD 233 or
266 which has gone down in price so much right now that its ridiculous, and
its almost not worth buying them no more, and as far as IDT or Cyrix? Why
bother at this point I am not trying to save the customer $30-$40 in the
price of their computer by putting in an inferior chip (please no flames,
just my humble opinion).
Thanks a lot

James Kerr
Metric Engineering