From:
Patrick Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 23:16:34 -0400
It could be that the midi file its attempting to play is corrupted, either
on the server or after it was downloaded.
If you have the URL of the card, goto another computer, if it fails to play
then chances are the midi file is corrupted.

To be sure this isn't system related goto Find, and do a search for *.mid
then double click on the files to see if they'll play.
The midi's that come with win 9x are usually found in  C:\windows\media\

--Patrick Black
http://webpages.marshall.edu/~black27/