From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 01:57:49 -0500
From: "Kevin Scott" :Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2001 2:45 PM
Subject: [PCBUILD] A+ Certification

> I would like to get some suggestions on becoming A+ Certified.
> I have a high interest towards computers. I just recently
> purchased a A+ Certification Exam Guide the 3rd Ed. I will
> start out just studying for a few hours a day. My question is
> what area's should I concentrate on the most when studying to
> become A+ Certified. If anyone know of any good websites to check
> out with some learning information about becoming A+ Certified I
> would greatly appreciate the link or links. I have a long journey
> ahead of me.
>
> Thanks for all the suggestions.
>
> Kevin Scott

Kevin,

I would also suggest that you take a computer and use it to practice with.  Install different peripherals, cards,  install operating systems,  work with the equipment, get familiar with what the ports and connectors look like and what are the common IRQs and I/O addresses.  Many community colleges now have courses for A+, where you can get some practical experience with the equipment.  Michael Myers A+  study guide is supposed to be a good book,  http://www.cramsession.com  has very good study notes and a discussion list where you can ask questions.

Mary Wolden
A+, Net+, MCP+I, MCSE, CNA, CCNA
Cisco Networking Academy Instructor

                     visit our download web page at: