From:
Terry Hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 10:30:50 -0400
From:  Terry Hardy
Subject:  Modem connect speed

I recently switched from a 28.8 external USR modem to an internal 56KFlex
PCI modem.  I have my modem properties set to allow connect speeds to the
maximum (115,200 kbps).

When I connected to my ISP with my old modem, the connect speed showed up
(correctly, I assume) as 28800, 26400, 19200 or whatever.  Now, with the new
modem, the connect speed shows as 115500 every time.  It does this no matter
which of my two ISPs I connect to (one has 33.6 modems, the other has 56k).
Changing the maximum connect speed in modem properties has no effect.

I know a connect speed of 115,200 is impossible, so why doesn't it show the
actual speed any more?  I haven't made any other settings changes.

TERRY HARDY