From:
Tom Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 22:45:05 -0700
Ira

The Belarc Advisor software is free from www.belarc.com and will give you a
lot of information on your computer including the memory installed on each
slot. Dell computers like Dell memory, so you should go to the Dell site and
you tell them which model computer you have and they tell you what memory
goes with it and will sell you the memory. Dell memory is somewhat more
expensive than other brands, but the last time I purchased some it was not
that much of a premium.

Tom Mayer

Hi,
How can I tell, with out opening up the PC case, how many of my memory
slots
are taken up?  Also, how can I tell what type of memory I need to  buy?
I currently have 512mb of RAM and want to install more.  Whether it
matters,
I have a DELL Dimension 4100, running Windows XP Professional.

Thanks,
Ira Wallin

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com