From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Sep 2006 11:00:48 -0500
If your motherboard on the newer system currently supports four drives, then
you should be able to connect your two drives to the second connector.  (I
assume that you would have the main drive and cd on the first ribbon and the
160 and its slave on the second ribbon.)  Very easy.

However, if you want to use the 160 as the main drive on the newer computer,
then you may have some problems.  First of all, your license for XP may not
be valid on the newer computer.  Secondly, motherboard drivers (and maybe
others) that are on your older computer may have to be replaced with the
appropriate ones on the newer computer.

Since you were able to replace your main drive on the older computer, it
sounds like you have the technical skills and software to do what you want
on the new computer.  Licenses and drivers should be the only issues.  It
all depends on how you want the newer computer configured.  Adding drives is
no problem if there is a spare connector, but replacing the boot drive may
be problematical.

Dean Kukral