From:
Ron Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 10:38:06 -0500
         All of the machines I have been building have been with
new motherboards and cpus. Someone asked me to build them a cheap
machine and I had a 486 board with an overdrive processor on it. When
trying to install the board in the one of the cases that I have been
using  for my socket 7 MoBo's I found that the power supplies power
connectors would not fit the 486 board? I did not realize that they
were different. Is there an adapter that can be used or do I need to
find a new power supply with the correct connectors. Thanks for any
info.

Mark
The 486 is probably an AT and the cases that you are using are probably ATX.
You should be able to find someone to give you an AT case for free.  I have
several you can have.
Ron