From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 07:28:39 -0500
Rick Glazier wrote:

> Seems like since I started to "burnish" the contacts on my "ram" chips
> one a year, I seem to have gotten rid of a lot of problems.
> I do this with all the  isa and vl bus cards too.

I think Rick is taking things to an extreme.  All sockets are designed
to impart a slight "wiping" motion at the moment of contact.  The
purpose is to clean the contacts.  So, if you feel the need (I don't)
to reclean the contact points, simply unplugging and replugging the
card/chip/simm should be sufficient.

--
Jim Meagher
=====