From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 13:27:33 -0700
Jamie Adams wrote:

I have a problem. A computer I checked out last night has the tightening
screws broken off of the monitor cord in the video adapter on the back off
the computer.

These female attachments can be removed from the board and new ones
installed. As for the plug itself, you may find all of the supplies at a
local computer supplier or possible contacting the manufacturer of the
monitor. Most toys like joy sticks have these screws and if you have an old
video card or sound card, you can remove the supports and re-install them on
the video card.

Will it work okay as long as it is stationary? Do you have to replace the
monitor and install a new video adapter card?

Any strain on the video card may cause it to break or not have good contact.
A possible shorting issue may disable the board.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers