From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:34:30 -0500
My seven year old power supply seems to have failed.  I have made some
observations and have some questions that somebody here might be able to
answer.

1)  A 24 pin motherboard connector is available on some new power supplies.
I believe that this is for dual-cpu motherboards.  "Express."  Will most
motherboards be using the express 24-pin connectors in the future?  (I had
never heard of these before.)

2)  There is a new connector with six pins in line on my new p.s.  What
would this be there for?

3) (a)  There is no socket for plugging in my monitor, so I have to manually
turn it on and off.  Has the monitor socket gone South with the need to cut
costs?

    (b)  Is there another way of doing this (other than a master switch, of
course)?  I find that after almost 20 years of not turning off the monitor,
I am now leaving it on when I shut down the computer.  My monitor is fairly
old I guess.  Do the new monitors "turn on" automatically by sensing a video
signal?

TIA,

Dean Kukral

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: