From:
Jacqueline MacWhirter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 11:57:18 -0500
Hi-- Thanks everyone for helping me!!!

I had installed one Sata before but I forgot about there was no jumpers to
change (no sleep) and I wasn't sure about installing the second one. I
plugged in the Sata II 300 gigs  checked the bios and it recognize it but I
had to enable  it -all Satas are set as masters. I didn't see the hard drive
in my computer setup in Windows XP Pro Sp2-  I used Acronis made 3
partitions and it asked me to reboot and formatted them  all in the same
time  It rebooted 3 times and formatted each partition -very fast.   I chose
primary because I need to install beta  OS's   I checked my computer  again
and I could see all the hard drives and partitions  I started using Acronis
last year. I really like it .Easy to use I have an  Acronis OS selector I
use to boot in to which windows I want to use. I am beta testing  MS Vista
/86 and 64bit  and Longhorn  /86 and 64 bit so I need to put those on a
separate  hard drive and partitions. With  Asus A8N sli deluxe  motherboard
I installed AMD Athlon 64bit 4000+ s 939 processor and Ocz dual channel  kit
2gb -memory I went to my supplier and he was trying to get me to buy  same
company  same kind but a little faster memory  you need to put the same kind
and speed in or you will have a problem.  I have dual video cards(NVIDIA G
Force 6600 GT  I had to take one out and change the video selector card to
single on my mother board  because the betas  would only recognize the one
video card   for now I put the second video card back in change the
configuration in the bios. BTW- The people on this list are just great--
thank you again -Jackie