From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 17:06:07 -0700
Ron;
I would double (triple) check the voltage settings on the mobo
the K6-2 500 cpu uses 2.2volts as opposed to the 166 pentium's 3.3volt.
I think I remember some K6-2s that were 2.3 and 2.4volts too.
It should say on the cpu what voltage it is.
For 2.2volt the 5ehm/5eh5 switch two should be set:
1-off
2-on
3-off
4-off
5-off
JP1:
1-2-close
3-4-close
The power supply should be adequate some systems ran that cpu on on  a
145watt supply.
My best advice - make sure the cpu is inserted fully/properly with no bent
pins
 then take the cpu to a friend or a shop and have it tested if it still
doesn't work.
That's a good fast board the cpu should work fine if everything is
configured correctly
<>< Larry Fisk
         Fisk Computers
           Fruitvale, Idaho