From:
Roxanne Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 08:15:30 -0700
To add to Rick's reply:  There are some extremely inexpensive parallel port
cards available that have supported all HP printers I've tried them with. I
buy parallel port cards wholesale for $7.00 each, which means they should
be readily available anywhere for under $20.00.

These cards are very simple in both design and installation. They are very
small, have one parallel port connector, and have jumpers to set to to a
choice of IRQ 5 or IRQ 7, and a choice of three I/O ranges.

To install in Windows 95: set the IRQ for 5 and the I/O for 278, plug the
card in (with the computer off), turn the computer on, and run the Add New
Hardware wizard.

I highly recommend these little cards for anyone wishing to run more than
one parallel port device, whether it be two printers, or printer and
scanner, or printer and Zip drive.

Note: In Windows 95B (not sure about Win95 original), Windows handles the
parallel port IRQ in such a way that it very happily shares IRQ 5 with a
sound card.

Roxanne Pierce
R2 Systems, San Diego
mailto:[log in to unmask]

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**