From:
Ben Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 08:13:03 -0500
What brand of motherboard do you have? What brand of hard drive? Some
motherboards with Intel 875 chipsets had problems with 80 Gb Maxtor sata
drives.  I know Abit had those problems but they have been fixed with a bios
update.

My wd raptors don't have jumpers except to change the power settings.
Confirm your jumper settings.

Recheck your bios settings. In some bios there are two different places that
need to be set for SATA. Abit's bios for the IC7 were very confusing in the
first couple of versions.

Make sure you have the latest bios.

Ben Moore