From:
Rick Lindstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 06:31:56 -0500
At 11:13 PM 3/21/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm working on a box with an AMD K6-2 450, SIS 530 chipset, Award Bios, 6.4 GB
>HDD, 24 MB Ram.  After finally finding all of the drivers for this proprietary
>box, I tried to "Shut Down".  The computer would not shut down but rather
>re-start only.  I even gave the 3-finger salute and did "Shut Down" with no
>success.  Any ideas???  I've never come across this before.
>
>TIA
>
>Wiley S. Pinkerton

If this is Windows 98SE, go to the Microsoft support site and download the
Windows 98SE Shutdown Supplement and install it. Microsoft also provides an
exhaustive KB article on troubleshooting shutdown problems. I always just
apply the supplement myself- it's never failed to work.

By the way, you can tell if you already have the supplement by opening
msconfig/advanced and checking for the fast shutdown option. If it is
there, you need to install the supplement. The choice will be missing after
you put on the patch.

HTH-

Rick Lindstrom
Tallahassee, FL. USA