From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 2009 16:13:58 -0400
Did you see my last reply?
You need to get the exact model number of the MB as sometimes
there is a "per slot" limit to the RAM sizes you can use.
The RAM I looked up last time (above) was backward compatible.

I would only buy RAM guaranteed to be compatible, and backward
compatible speed wise for the specific MB.

Rick Glazier

From: "Tom Waddell" Using PC3200 in a PC2100 MB

Have an older MSI MB. Mfg says to use PC2100 for best results, otherwise system could become unstable. Currently have 512MB (2x256)
PC3200 in MB and it works fine. Want to replace memory and up-grade to 2GB. How much of a problem am I likely to have using the
PC3200 memory? Does problem become more noticeable with increased memory?