From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 1998 23:48:14 -0400
Len Warner <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Is it possible to record on DC-2120XL tapes from a Ditto drive?
(snip)
> - does anyone know if a bulk-erased Ditto tape can be reformatted?)

    I am not sure the name "Ditto" refers to a specific model number.
    Iomega tape drives have always been very confusing about what they
will do with the various "lengths" of tapes. Seems like every time they
brought out a different model, (after the first two or so), there were
lots
of  compatibility problems with the "older" tapes. I remember when I
switched to the "XL" tapes, one of my problems was that I would have
had to find someone  else to (RE)format my tapes for me.  Since I
used to have to do that once in a while, I considered that not an option.
Other problem was some drives would only READ your old tapes
(good idea), but could never record them again... (bad idea)...
When I wanted to replace my current drives, I found I would need
ALL new tapes... (not an option)..
     I eventually decided it was easier and quicker, (even cheaper)
to stick in an extra hard drive and back up DATA  there, (Also
system and program patches, etc.)
       Rick Glazier

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]