From:
Milt deReyna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2007 22:05:54 -0500
I didn't see my last reply, and wanted to let the list know that the problem is now resolved.  A couple of posters sent me looking to see if the burner had reverted to PIO Mode, and that was right on the money.

I couldn't get it to reset to DMA Mode, so I tried a Google, and came up with a site that solved the problem for me, once it had been identified here.

http://winhlp.com/WxDMA.htm  Found a detailed explanation of the problem here, most likely I had some read errors on a bad dvd that kicked the burner back into PIO Mode.  A simple click on the "Quick Solution" found on the first page, set everything back to normal, and optimum performance by the burner.

Thanks all.