From:
jonathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 14:42:50 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Tyson <[log in to unmask]>

>I have a problem with a Princeton Graphic Systems EO70 17" monitor.
Actually,
>I am not totally sure it is the monitor. Sometimes -- not all the
time --
>after operating for several hours, the display begins to jitter. It
kind of
>"vibrates" on-screen. I'm not talking about flicker. I mean the whole
picture
>on the screen appears to bounce up and down. Not much, just enough to
make
>serious work difficult.
>
>If I turn off the display for 30 minutes or so, then turn it back on,
the
>display is again rock-steady.
>
>This began after installing an ATI Xpert 98 video card.
>
>Has anyone seen anything like this?
>
>Bryan S. Tyson
>Greenville SC

Unfortunately I saw something _very_ like that on my 17" Nokia 447Xi a
couple
of months back. Mind you this is purely anecdotal 'cause I don't know
what
caused it: only what happened. People told me it was probably some
interference
in the electric line, not the monitor.  Later on it got worse and ..I
can only describe
it as a 'black inkblot' began to appear on the screen for a few
moments at a time,
said inkblot about the size of a fist. Then one evening real sparks
flew out of the
area below the screen where the control buttons for the monitor sit,
an appropriate
fsszzzztt sound was emitted, and monitor was dead. Only the green
light would
still come on and off if I toggled the monitor's power switch.
Fortunately it was still under warranty and I bundled it off to the
nearest authorized
repair. It was back fairly soon -- about ten days 'round trip -- and
has worked without
glitch since (about six weeks now; and knock on wood).
Clearly _some_ component, or connection, went on the fritz -- and it
wasn't the input electric mains -- but what exactly it was I cannot
tell you, my not having the know-how
to have trouble-shot or repaired it myself. I only tell you because
your description of
your problem is *exactly* what was happening to my monitor.

I hope you're able to resolve it. Would you be so kind as to post the
final resolution
of your jiggle when you find it? Thanks.

jonathan gold