From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2008 12:29:10 -0500
Ceares, any part of your old computer that is not proprietary nor damaged
should be reusable.  The hard, cd, and dvd-rom drives should all be usable
if they were not damaged, and the only way to know if they were damaged
would be to try them out.  Be sure to set the master/slave jumpers
appropriately, if necessary.  Memory tends to be mercurial, in that there
are many different kinds of memory, so that it is likely that the older
memory could not be used in your new computer.  However, one cannot rule out
that possibility.  You just have to see in the documentation what your new
computer requires, and ascertain whether your old memory meets those
specifications.  If it obviously doesn't fit in the slot, then you can't use
it. :)  (Don't try using it without making sure that it is compatible!!)

Dean Kukral