From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 01:52:02 +1000
Loy wrote:

>I was attempting to make an image using Ghost 2003 of C: drive to CD>>

For starters, there's no way an image of your C-Drive will fit onto a CD.
XP is way too big.

It's a forlorn thought, and a bit wacky, but try putting a blank DVD disk
into the burner and then rebooting.  It might be just enough to trigger an
error message in Ghost, which is probably chasing its own tail trying to
achieve the impossible task you've set it. Maybe you might get an error
message that will give you an option to cancel or abort, thus releasing Ghost.

Try booting into Safe Mode (hold down F8) so that you can run System
Restore.  Otherwise, you'll need an emergency startup disk such as BartPE
and run System Restore from that, or a registry restoration if you have any
registry backups.

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads