Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:23:19 +1100
Sorry but I just don't understand what your question is.  Do you mean all
fans are not showing running in asus prob, but physically running? or they
are not running physically at all?

In order asus prob can detect fan speed, the fan has to have a special wire
connected to motherboard, currently they are all marked as the yellow wire
which plug into fan header.  If as you said, you connect fan power to power
supply directly, it is pretty safe to say that they are not connected to fan
header at all, so it is normal it won't show up in asus prob.

Just give you some basic idea:

a fan that connect to motherboard fan header and will show up in monitor
software has to have 3 wires connection - one power, one ground, one speed.

a fan that connect to mobo, but will not show up its speed will only has 2
wire - power and ground.  some cheap, slow and weak fans do that.

the fan header on mobo can only take/provide certain amount of power,
normally within 2.3/2.4w (server board may take more, depending on their
design), if a fan requires more power than that, it must NOT directly
connect to mobo, otherwise it will burn the mobo out, therefore, even
sometime they do have 3 wire connector, a power adapter is required to
connect them to power supply directly, and their speed will not show up in
any software.  some powerful fans do take care of this issue by separate the
speed wire and power wire from one connector, they use one connector for the
speed wire only (that can be plugged to mobo), and connect power and ground
wire to power supply.

Jun Qian