From:
Loy Pressley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 09:43:36 -0800
I'm about to add a 5.2 GB Western Digital HD to my system.  I currently
have a 424 MB Western Digital HD as primary and a 1.2 GB Seagate HD as
slave.  This configuration has worked well for a considerable length of
time.

The documentation for my motherboard says that it will support a maximum
of 4 hard drives and I have the physical room to install the new drive
in the tower case.  I would prefer that the new 5.2 GB HD become the
master drive containing C: logical drive so that the system would boot
from it. Will I run in to problems because there will be an odd number
of drives on the system?  What's the most efficient way to configure the
drives?

System particulars:  Gateway 2000 4DX2-66V with pentium upgrade 83 MHz
chip, upgraded Phoenix Bios that support LBA, Win 95a operating system,
1.2 GB floppy, 1.4 GB floppy, CDROM drive, tape backup system, SB16
sound card, 56.6 internal modem, 40 MB ram, Western Digital 424 MB HD,
Seagate 1.2 GB HD, flatbed scanner, laser printer, no network installed.

Loy