From:
Winston Pike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 07:15:55 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: ehundrieser <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, June 23, 1999 2:15 AM
Subject: [PCBUILD] 8 BIT ISA SLOT

>I want to upgrade my fax modem to a 56k voice/fax modem.
>
>The internal modem preinstalled on my Compaq Presario 2120 is a 36k
>fax modem manufactured by Compaq and does not conform to industry
>standards. The hardware is not capable of taking an upgrade to 56K
>technology.
>
>The only other option would be to find a voice/fax modem to fit into
>an 8 bit isa slot. Does this type of modem still exist and where might
>I find one? In my case, a good voice modem with 36k technology takes
>priority over speed, unless of course this type of modem is also
>available with 56k technology.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Erik Hundrieser

I swapped out the modem for a friend on mine Compaq. Sorry, but I don't know
what model
it it. All I did was remove the back-plane bracket from the 56K modem. I
suppose I could
have cut the bracket down and drilled a new hole to secure it to the case
but it's been working
for two months now without any problems.

Winston

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org