From:
Janice Weingart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 19:09:05 -0500
I have a Creative Lab 5.1 speaker system on my Windows XP system, which is 2 yrs old.  A few months after I got the system, my center speaker stopped working.  Under my extended warranty I was sent a new speaker system, 5 speakers and the subwoffer.  That did not help the problem.  Then they installed a new sound card, which seemed to take care of the problem until a few weeks ago when the center speaker again stopped working.  I do not get any sound from the center speaker when I play CDs or the media player radio.  When I tested the speakers through the Creative software, it ways everything is working properly and the test voice comes through the speaker!  Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?  I have also tried a different speaker in its place and that one wouldn't work either.

thanks,
Jan Weingart

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>