From:
Dave Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 11:06:03 -0700
On 8 Jun 99, at 12:42, Ramon Ibarrola wrote:

>   I upgraded my 486 PC to Pentium 200.  I got 6.4GB
> hard drive in it.  I partitioned it into two to
> accommodate Windows 95 and Windows NT.  I've been
> using this PC for more than 4 months now and I don't
> have any problem except; whenever I boot-up
> "sometimes" its not detecting the mouse and needed to
> re-boot it twice or trice before it will be detected.
> I have already tried so many things but I cannot find
> what it causes. Have anybody encountered the same
> problem?

  Win95 sometimes has trouble detecting serial mice.
I've no idea why that is, but I've seen it and so have
plenty of others.
  The best fix I know of is to install a DOS mouse
driver via CONFIG.SYS or AUTOEXEC.BAT.  SOmehow, Win95
is much better at detecting the presence of such a driver,
and taking over from it, than at detecting the mouse
hardware itself.

David G

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org