From:
"Hugh A. Gale" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 21:21:11 -0400
Hello:
     My problem is, programs regularly crash and I now suspect a hardware
problem.  Last year I installed Win98, and after repeated crashes, I backed
off to Win95 thinking I had too many driver conflicts.  Recently I added a
router, eliminating several of my drivers and the Win95 environment was so
corrupted every boot caused a registry error.
    After a clean reinstall of Win98 and experiencing repeated crashes (for
example yesterday after a clean boot, Netscape crashed, then IE crashed
then PaintShop Pro crashed), I am suspecting a hardware bug.  I am
convinced this is not a Win98 issue since I run the same apps on my laptop
without the crashes.

Question:  I would be grateful to anyone who could provide suggestions on
how to diagnose this problem.  I tried DIAG but get a runtime error and DR.
Hardware reports hardware correctly but I am looking for a method to
perform a comprehensive test against the hardware for bugs.  I am thinking
I may have a seldom accessed processor or system board glich.

I build my system and it consists of:
Win 98 SE
AMD K6-2 333
MS 5169 MB
128 MB RAm
Matrox MGA-G200 AGP (with latest drivers)
Fujitsu 13GB HD
Panisonic CDRW

Many thanks,
Hugh Gale