Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 00:18:15 -0400
From the digest

Date:    Sat, 31 Jul 1999 13:28:48 EDT
From:    Susan Hays <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Parallel ports.

I have no more parallel ports that I can use in the back of my
computer.  I
have already installed and additional parallel port for my fax machine.
would like to add a flatbed scanner which requires another parallel
port.
Since I can't add another one to the back of my computer, what do I need
do to accomplish this?  What is out there in the computer stores that I
can
purchase?

Thank you,
Susan Hays

Susan,

Get a copy of a Jameco Catalog (the web site doesn't carry the items
online) {www.jameco.com}.

Look for a dual PCI Parallel Port expansion port card.  Cost $70 + S/H.

That should give you LPT1, 2 & 3 for your system.  Only problem is that
you will now have a left-over single port LPT port card.

HTH

Jean Bourvic