From:
Will DeLoach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 2005 17:03:46 -0500
Jason,

My history tells me Russ is right on the money.  Pull out EVERYTHING except
the processor.  You said the video was integrated so leave it but don't
connect it.  Remove the ram, all expansion cards, any cables to the drives,
etc..  Disconnect the power cables.  This time pull out the battery in the
motherboard and 'short' the connectors together for the battery.  Then
reinstall the battery and the power cables.  Next turn it on with nothing
except the cpu and fan installed.  Then as you stated you should get a POST
error because you have no ram installed.  If you get an error then turn off
and connect the ram and the video and restart again.  This should tell you
if the motherboard is bad or if one of the components are bad.

HTH,
Will