From:
Volkard Linke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 20:59:57 -0500
Greetings everyone...

Have a new client that would like me to setup one full machine and two
"dumb terminals" for their business. The machine would mostly be used to
enter customer names and info into a database from up to three different
locations. Uhhhh... I thought "dumb terminals" went the way of the dinosaur
when personal computer became affordable to the masses. Am I missing
something here? Is it more affordable now days to opt for dumb terminals
instead of "full machines"? Where would one look for wholesalers/dealers
for these machines? Would they need to have Novell or other network
software installed, thus making it more affordable to just put up three
inexpensive 98 machines networked? Any ideas out there on this matter? Thanx

Volkard Linke