From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 2004 12:30:51 -0400
HI,

A little more detail about the machine would be good.  It would help to
send you in the correct direction to look.

Can you go into safe mode okay and things work okay, as limited as they are,
or still messed up?

Check that the video Driver is the proper one.  Did you just down load SP2
recently?

To be honest, and I know it is hard to check, but I just spent 2 days
chasing a problem and it
turned out to be a BIOS problem, a virus, I think, got in there.
I ran a commercial test program to check everything on the system hardware
wise, and in the
CMOS ram of the BIOS the report came back as "non-std".  Everything else
"passed".
I downloaded and installed latest BIOS for the board and problems went away.

It is something, I believe, a regular AV program would not of found.

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore
Hi

Can you help please?

Having trouble starting my computer, often freezing after it has loaded
Windows XP - particularly when trying to log on to the Internet.
Getting a Microsoft error message box which says Dr Watson Postmortem
Debugger  and offers me the chance to send report to Microsoft.

PC then needs a hard reboot, possibly 5/6 times to sort.

Have tried Adaware and Spybox (founds problems and fixed); Antivirus
software (nothing detected); Defragged hard disk, etc but all to no avail.
PC is not functioning particularly well.

Any help would be appreciated.

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>