From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 20:44:43 -0800
This really sounds like you need to recheck the Network settings and
passwords against what the System Administrator has told you to set up. You
may have a dynamically assigned IP address so you get a new one every time
you log on. I would  check with them and make sure they have not
inadvertently changed your sons permissions which would explain why he can
see things but can't access them.

>No, this is a college campus network with LAN/WAN setup with many servers.
>Will get that info as soon as I can get it.  From what he has told me, all
>the settings under Network are what was specified by the school at the
>beginning of the school year.
>
>I should mention that before Thanksgiving week break, the system was
>working fine.  I think that their DHCP IP address leases expire after 5
>days, so this is the first time he has had to obtain a new IP address since
>the beginning of school.

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org