From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 10:56:52 -0400
Seeing how "No such file" is not your standard DOS error
message, the likely explanation is that one of the commands
in the autoexec file was causing the error message.  It is not the
autoexec.bat file that should be looked for with the DIR command,
but one of the commands in autoexec.bat.  If that was the case,
then the autoexec.bat command was working all along, it didn't
appear to be working because nothing significant was happening.
Tom Turak
On Wednesday, August 05, 1998 9:56 PM Dan Hughes Wrote:

> when I typed AUTOEXEC at the c: prompt the computer came
>>back with "no such file".  Even though it clearly showed up on a
>DIR

I misspoke--what I meant to say was that when I typed AUTOEXEC and hit
ENTER, the autoexec.bat program did not run even though it was definitely
there.
 ---Dan Hughes