From:
Ann Fennell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 15:08:45 -0400
I will mention that the version of Acronis I have, DOES have Bart PE included so you can actually build a good boot CD, but I think you have to do a custom install to get it installed with the app.  Acronis creates images without rebooting (by locking files at a certain point).  It also EXcludes pagefile.sys and the hibernation file.  I make image files, not cloned partitions.

AnnaSummers

From: Loy Pressley <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 2006/10/14 Sat PM 07:57:41 EDT
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Computer Won't Boot

Hi Don,

It does work with CDs.  I've imaged this computer that I'm on many times
to CD using Ghost 2003.  In fact, one of the Ghost 2003 images that I
made is what I used to restore the system when I changed to a larger
hard drive on this computer.

I already had an image of the C: drive on CD (took 4 CDs).  The problem
was that it was not bootable.  I was trying to create a bootable CD
image when it locked up.

I tried booting to safe mode.  It would not do it.  I don't currently
have a BartPE disk.  I downloaded the instructions to create one using
the WinXP home disk for this computer that I'm going to try.

Thanks...

Loy