From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 19:57:47 -0500
> >We need a bit more information first, please. What software were you
> >using, were the tracks from multiple CDs, and was the CD written a track
> >at a time, or the whole disk at once.
>
> The software I am using is the Adaptec easy cd creator and the disk was
> written from one cd with 14 tracks on it. It also might be of interest to
> know that the CD-RW burner is being used on a pentium 200. I used the part
> of the program that is supposed to copy the whole disk at once.
> I did do a test before writing but should that cause the total copy time
> to take about 2 hours when it said it was writing at 4X when Data cd's
> copy in about 20 minutes or less?

     Short answer, no. I own a 2X CDRW drive and it has never taken me 2
hours! First off, I suggest you forget test mode, I have never used it and
have done fine with CDRs and CDRWs. Turn off test mode and just try it with
the CDRW disk, if it makes a mistake so what, just erase the CDRW disk! :) I
have found test mode to be quite a joke on my system, when I tried it once
it reported that my system (A Cyrix MII P300 (runs at 233MHz)) wasn't fast
enough for 1X?? A 74 minute CD should take a little more than 20 minutes to
burn in the worst case scenario. Make sure Easy CD Creator is set to 4X
(perhaps the test mode sets it to 1X?) Also, if the problem persists, try
unloading Direct CD if you are using it, it has given me trouble a few
times. Hope this helped, TTYL

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org