From:
"Gary R. Tennesen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 16:57:10 -0800
  I assume that both computers are reaching the Internet right now?

I had a situation like this once.  Maybe yours is the same.  I had crimped
my own CAT5 cable ends and had done a sloppy job on the RJ45 connector.
When I put new ends on the problem computer, it was back on the network.

This is all of course, assuming that the workgroup name is correct and I'm
sure you've done that.

hope this helps,
gary r. tennesen