From:
MICHELE SAYER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 20:20:13 -0000
I wonder if anyone can help me with my problem.
I made a computer for my son which has been working perfectly well. The last time it was used was yesterday. Sometime between yesterday and today, one of my precious children poked a ballpoint pen into the system (I stupidly left an opening at the front of the system)
My son didn't realise the pen had been put there (I found it lying across the hard drive), and turned the computer on, then complained it wasn't working.
I finally found the pen, and have opened it up to make sure nothing else has been put inside, but when I turn the power on, I get nothing, not even a display. The computer doesn't sound quite right now either.
The pen is a plastic one with no metal parts, and so I'm not sure if it might have done any damage by me restarting over and over before I had realised something had been put there.
I've left the casing off now, and the system unplugged, just in case there may be a static problem (I'm clutching at straws here), but can anyone else come up with any suggestions.
Could it be that there is a problem with the graphics card?
I've checked all the connections, and they're fine.
The monitor is fine.
When I start the computer, it sounds as though it's starting up, but it's not making quite the right sounds, but I get the clicking sound  like it usually makes. It sounds as though there's a humming noise in the background. It sounds different to how it did yesterday.
If anyone has got any suggestions, thanx in advance. I've got one 10yr old boy here with very red eyes.
M.Sayer

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml