From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 15:23:12 -0700
Guido;
the problems I have had is that out in the
country 10 miles or so from the telephone switch office
the Motorola modems don't seem to like the line noise
and won't connect, or connect at a slow speed.
In town they seem to work ok.
 I guess I only have confidence in the Lucent chipset winmodems
One reason may be that the only available ISP
in my area uses Lucent based modems in their system.