From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 18:59:16 -0800
In a word ..no. You will need manufacturer drivers that are specially
written to support your scanner in Win2000. There is no work around. Your
not alone....a lot of top end manufacturers like UMAX aren't providing
Win2000 drivers for legacy products. If you want to use your scanner  on
the same machine you will need to boot into an OS your drivers support. You
only other option is to buy a new scanner that does support Win2000.

Mark Rode
The NOSPIN Group