From:
Rob Cilia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 09:11:01 -0500
        Hi Mike, I have also had similar problems with McAfee's Antivirus &
Firewall software bundle, after uninstalling their software, several windows
components became corrupt or disabled including error messages when trying
to access the control panel, connect to our network, errors during reboots
in both win2k and win98 os's.  I found that the amount of time I spent
trying to fix these errors and trying to get answers from McAfee (none of
the fixes they provided worked) on why these errors occurred and how to fix
them was more than the amount of time I spent formatting the hd and
reinstalling the os & other software.  Backup the important files and
reinstall your os, I doubt you'll find a better way to undo the damage
caused by McAfee's software.
> Date:    Mon, 19 Aug 2002 09:00:27 -0400
> From:    Mike Whalen - The Computer Valet <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: TCP/IP is ... ahmm... broken?
        ...when McAfee's Personal Firewall is uninstalled via Add/Remove
Programs, TCP/IP functionality
> is broken.
> Mike Whalen

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,