From:
Lewis C Emerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 2005 12:53:38 -0400
I've had a real problem recently with an error message that generally
follows a reboot necessitated by a computer freeze up.  It tells me that:

"Scandskw386 has caused an error in KRNL386.EXE.  Scandskw will now
close.  If you continue to have problems try restarting your computer".

Occasionally, the name "Scandskw" is replaced by "Nprotect", and the same
error message.  Today has been particularly bad necessitating rebooting
over and over until the message doesn't appear and things work OK until
the next freeze up.

The OP system is Windows Me on an 900 MHz AMD Athlon machine with Nortons
A-V, SpyBot, Adaware, and ZoneAlarm all up and running.  Would appreciate
thoughts as to what as gone awry - and why is it intermittent?

Lewis Emerson

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml