Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 01:29:45 -0700
Found and solved the problem. After checking the CPU the following morn in my wife's computer, it would't start, decided it was time to upgrade. Fry's had an ad in fri morn's paper for a MSI K7T266pro-2a w/XP2000+cpu for $169.00. Maybe not the latest and greatest, but more than adequate for my needs. When I tried to fire it up found more problems. The hdd,cdrom,cdrw, and Vid cards were also fried.When I thought back to when it went POW, i recall the lights blinked a couple of times. Must has been quite a jolt to due that much damage. Didn't have Surge arrestor on it at that time, but fortunately I had done a complete backup about a month earlier. Didn't lose much other than money. Really appreciate eveyones input. Thanks much.If theres any confusion about my email address, I have two mail boxes, blaster10 and blaster15, both @earthlink.net.Tanks again.

John Dinges
Oregon City,OR

Note-Surge suppressors are really CHEAP.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml