From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 01:20:13 -0700
I recently purchased a used Dell Latitude CP Laptop. It is in exceptional
condition and came installed with Win95b. I also picked up a docking station.

First I downloaded and ran Delldiags to make sure everything was working
OK. Then  I removed 95 and installed 98SE2. I have downloaded the Dell
documents, utilities and drivers from the Dell site. However I am a little
confused about what Dell utilities and drivers I should be using  Win95 had
a special collection of Dell utilities installed but the manual  says that
these are not to be used with 98.

  98SE2 recognized the audio and installed it's own drivers.....but is
there some reason I should use the 98 Dell audio drivers ? 98SE2 did not
recognize the video or the digital monitor and I installed the latest Dell
drivers for this. I am using 98SE2 to handle the power saving tasks rather
then the 95 Dell tools ...this is what the manual says to do. My modem and
NIC are a dual Xircom PCMCIA card and I am using the appropriate 3rd party
drivers. Is there any kind of driver or utility I need for the docking station?

What I am unsure about is ...

      Should I be using any Dell Utilities when running under 98SE2?
      Does the docking station require the use of a special utility and if
so how does it work?
     .Is there any reason to install the Dell soundcard drivers ?

I am hoping we have a Dell Laptop expert on the list..does anybody have a
CP running 98SE2?

thanks!

Rode
The NOSPIN Group