From:
Daniel Skilleter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 20:48:47 +1000
If this is a hardware modem, you can change these settings i agree,
but im under the impression you have a software modem,

On some motherboards you can change what port the pci modem sits on ,
by going into BIOS. I am currently seeing this on the HP Vectra series as
well as some ASUS motherboards.

The Software you are running will detect this modem if it is a hardware
modem and set on a com between 1-4,
Regards
Daniel