From:
Dave Andersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:58:54 -0800
Hi;

This is my first post on the site that I have viewed for over 2 months.
So,,, Here we go.  I am in the business of camera / av / video  repair for the last 30+ years.
So much of the product I see (or used to see) where items using 110VAC power. Schools had black boards with chalk, bars/pub's had slide projectors mounted up in the room displaying patrons and collecting mounds of disgusting brown sticky stuff ect.

I developed two processes for this type of contamination. 1: add 100% to normal charges, 2: take dem dirty things into a tub facility n spray down with the green stuff,  blast them with water, and then let them dry for a week or more.
If a voltage is not present on a component,or board, you will not have damage from "Mr. Electrolysis".

I would think that most of you do not live around a marine environment, Salt water,+ differential metals,+ voltage equals trash da thing.  One could take a new or (used for that matter) mother board out with me on a dive trip off the west coast of Florida into 85Ft. of beautiful clear salt water,bring it back wash it down in fresh, dry it and power it up.
The bottom line is, aggressive cleaning is not a problem if you allow time to not be one also.
Dave Andresen [log in to unmask]
PS: guidelines fer future opinions/suggestions or responses would be welcome.