From:
"Staggers, Kevin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 04:43:12 -0400
I have fixed my soundcard up so that I can plug it into my stereo when I
play games, or to record midi's I like onto tape, etc.  This has worked
fine in the past with no problems.  Now when I plug it in, I get a very
loud hum.  This sound is also noticeable on the pc speakers, but you
have to turn them up quite a bit before you hear it.  (They're not
really good speakers, that's what the stereo's for. :)

I've tested all the cables involved between the computer and the stereo,
nothing is wrong with any of them.  I had installed an ISDN modem, and
thought maybe it was causing some interfernce, and took it out of the
computer completely, but the hum is still there.  The only other
modification I've made to the computer lately is to upgrade the p75 to a
p100.  All jumpers are set correctly for that, I double checked them too
just in case.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this hum?  I'd really
like to get rid of it, it's loud enough over the stereo to be quite
irritating, and you can hear it over the sound output at all times.

TIA for any help. :)

Kevin