From:
Tom McHugh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Dec 2006 12:32:40 -0500
Donald DeWitt wrote:
> *After formatting and successfully reinstalling XP home addition from the
> original CD on my computer hard drive there seems to be an issue with the
> USB ports. When I give the command to upgrade the USB drivers using the
> system Utilities CD, I receive a message that they already exist. Even
> after
> replacing the drivers, the USB ports are not recognized. Also in the
> Device
> Manager there are a few yellow question marks. How can I activate these
> drivers to get the USB ports working again?*
>
> *My system is a 5yr old Dell 4800 running XP Home addition. *
The next step would be to see if there are specific drivers for the
motherboard chipset.  The CD that comes with the motherboard should have
them, but I would see if there any newer.  If you have difficulty
finding them, send us more specific information about the
make/model/service number etc. of your computer and we can help track
them down.

Tom McHugh
papa   (at)   cavefrog.com

                     visit our download web page at: