From:
William Pike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 22:15:13 -0500
You haven't said what Operating system you are using. But using Windows 98
(I believe this also works on XP) I have a quick method of disconnecting my
computer from the network (and the internet, since I access the net through
my network). Right click on the desktop and select "New Shortcut" then in
the command line type the word "Winipcfg" without the quotes. Click next,
you can use the default name of Winipcfg.exe for the shortcut or shorten it
to Winipcfg. When you want to disconnect your computer from the network
click on this shortcut and then on the button "Release All" this will
release your network adapter. So it won't have a connection to the network.
When you have finished and want to reconnect to the network, click "Renew
All" this will reset your adapter and put you back on the network.

William Pike