Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 19:31:39 -0400
If the desk top is ok and your problem happens when you open a file or program, than the monitor must be ok.

 A degaussing problem would always be there-- meaning you would have splothes of color and have to manually degauss with a AC coil. Also if the degauss circuit kept running, your screen would have wavy sides all the time. I sometimes degauss a faulty monitor with a AC soldering gun.

My guess is that you have a problem with the refesh rate or the video card or cables.

Mike michel
---------------------------------------

 --- On Mon 09/29, Ian wrote in reply to--
Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] CRT problem

It sounds to me like the monitor is degaussing itself.  This system is inbuilt into most monitors to provide a means of de-magnetizing the coils surrounding the tube.  However, it usually only runs when you tell it to, and then for a few seconds at most. If I were you I'd speak to the monitor supplier.

Ian Porter Computer Guys Inc. Arrowtown,New Zealand
Original Message From: cfinnigan Sent:  September 29, 2003
Subject: [PCBUILD] CRT problem

  i have a Mag innovision 19" monitor (9 mos old) that i have set to power down after 20 minutes in XP pro. starting yesterday, whenever i open a full screen program, OE, Word, IE, an inch at the top and bottom of the screen shook / wiggled horizontally, very quickly, lasting about a minute. it only shakes with the program maximized, not the desktop. and it only lasts a minute.

i have not installed or removed any new programs in weeks. the video  card is an Nvidia Geoforce 2 MX/MX400 AGP. screen res is set to 1280 x 1024, highest (32) color quality, 75 refresh rate (set for months). any suggestion before i call within the warranty period would be welcomed.

                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>