From:
Jerry Heston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 21:02:28 -0400
Okay, here's a stumper for everyone (at least it is for me):

My system is homemade with an Athlon 600, 17GB Maxtor HD (C:), 15GB Maxtor
HD (D:), 30 GB WD HD (on a SIIG IDE card), CD-ROM and a TEAC burner.  ATI
Rage Fury and SB Live.  320 Mb RAM.  Running Me primarily.

I cleared off my D: drive for Redhat 7.1, no LILO - boot disk instead.  When
I did this the first time, I couldn't boot into Windows (BSOD, Windows
Protection Error, restart computer).  Couldn't go into safe mode, but
startup disk would get me to command prompt.  I ended up reinstalling Me
which fixed whatever was wrong, and bagged Linux on D:.

So, this time, I unplugged my C: drive and reinstalled Redhat 7.1 on my D:
drive.  Went fine except for email and news (topic for another message).  I
booted from floppy a couple of times and worked fine.  I plugged my C: drive
back in booted up.  Same thing -- BSOD, same message as above.  Don't
understand this at all.  I powered down and booted into Linux to make
sure -- no problem.  I unplugged D: drive (Linux) and booted up.  Went into
safe mode, restarted and Me booted back up.  I don't see physically
connecting/disconnecting drives as a viable "dual-boot" system.  Any
help/thoughts/solutions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com